Phone: 03 365 9663
Mobile: 021 655 287
PO Box 3180
Glenn has over 30 years’ experience in the areas of civil, commercial, construction and employment dispute resolution and litigation, in all of the NZ civil and employment courts and tribunals up to the Privy Council. He practises a model of strategic dispute resolution in which he helps his client identify the preferred outcome at the start of the engagement and pursues the strategy and tactics best suited to achieving that outcome. His clients have included individuals, companies (large and small), business owners, charitable organisations, Crown entities, school boards, financial institutions and professionals. Glenn is a professionally accredited mediator (by the Resolution Institute and AMINZ) and is available for appointment as mediator or arbitrator.
These are some examples of Glenn’s litigation experience:
- Guarantee case in Privy Council: Madden and Deans v UDC Finance Ltd  UKPC 52; (1997) 8 TCLR 92.
- Company amalgamations under Companies Act: Carter Holt Harvey Ltd v McKernan & Anor  3 NZLR 403 (CA).
- Court of Appeal case on copyright: University of Waikato v Benchmarking Services Ltd (2004) 8 NZBLC 101,561.
- Important Court of Appeal case on principles of contractual interpretation: Pyne Gould Guinness Ltd v Montgomery Watson (NZ) Ltd  NZAR 789.
- Negligence claim against law firm including appeal to Supreme Court: Thornton Estates Ltd v Cavell Leitch  NZSC 75.
- Breach of health funding contract and defamation claim against District Health Board: Sebenza Investments Ltd v South Canterbury DHB (CIV–2008–476-623; 33 TCL 13/7).
- Sale of Goods Act claim: Baroni Foods Ltd v PK Wholesale Supplies Ltd  NZHC 335.
- Compulsory acquisition of land under Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Act 2011: Ace Developments Ltd v Attorney General  3 NZLR 728 (CA);  NZHC 1705.
Employment/Health & Safety
- Lead counsel in seminal health and safety case: Dept of Labour v de Spa & Co Ltd  ERNZ 339.
- Successfully represented employers in lock-out cases: SFWU v Rendezvouz Hotels (NZ) Ltd  ERNZ 154; NZ Meat Workers Union v CMP Rangitikei Ltd  ERNZ 552.
- Removal of personal grievance from ERA to Employment Court: Vice-Chancellor of Lincoln University v Stewart  NZEmpC 47.
- Employer recovering damages from employee: Drayton Transport Limited v Stocker  NZERA 302.
- Appeal to High Court against decision of Liquor Licencing Authority: Police v Casino Bar (No 3) Ltd  NZAR 267.